Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Rest In Peace


“HoHoHo, merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.” Said my mom as she read us the last of the Christmas story before we went to bed.
“Oh Bryan, we need to put out the Christmas cookies and milk for Santa.” I said when my mom was finished.
“Oh ya, I almost forgot. I can’t wait till Santa comes and I hope he gives me tons of gifts.” My brother repeated from the bathroom while brushing his teeth.
After going through all the racket of Christmas Eve bedtime what not, we finally settled into our beds. During the night, while attempting to sleep, we dreamt of sugar plum fairies and Christmas gifts.



“Heathey, Heathey, wake up, wake up, Santa came, Santa came. Come on get up, get up, lets go.”
My brother decided that he was going to wake us up at six in the morning to open presents. I mean the kid was ready to explode like a shaken bottle of soda and mentos. So ya, I woke up to open presents with the family.
Not really awake, or able to see, I wiped the sandman goo out of my eyes and stumbled to the hallway. Hoping not to trip, I walked to the living room and sat on the couch.


Rattle. Rattle. Crinkle. Thud. Crackle. . . .
There was a noise coming from the presents under the tree. Both me and Bryan at the same time lunged at the hole infested box.
“Be careful please, you never know what’s in there.” My mom said, kinda nervous. As soon as the bow was tossed, the paper ripped and excitement was out the window, a puppy jumped out.

Suddenly, after the moment of shock, me and Bryan both screamed and hugged the puppy.
“Oh my god, I always wanted a puppy for Christmas.” I said.
“I love her, I love her, what are we going to name it?” Bryan repeated.

“Well, she was adopted from the Attleboro animal shelter and she already had a name. So, me and mom wanted to keep it.” Said my dad.
“So, what is her name?” I said.
“Her name is BOOMER!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh heather, that was the cutiest story ive ever read...GOD BLESS BOOMER!! peace & love